Discovery Early Learning Center offers a unique approach and environment for toddlers through 5 years of age.
Our program is inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach and provides children a calm and comfortable environment.
Inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach to learning, we promote the image of children as strong beings capable of building relationships, constructing their own theories and structuring their own learning. We strive to provide children with an environment that is rich with outlets for expression, resources for exploration and opportunities for interaction with others.
Children learn through discovery and exploration, guided by the child’s inner desires. They require a supportive and enriching environment that naturally fosters independence, responsibility, respect, trust, empathy, and a sense of community.
We believe that creating opportunities for children to have spontaneous, child-directed experiences without predetermined goals and self correcting materials promotes the growth of essential qualities needed to be happy, successful children.
The following principles guide us in implementing our philosophy:
- Children should have some control over their learning.
- Children must have interaction with others
- Children need to be encouraged to communicate
- Children require a variety of outlets to express their thoughts and creativity
- Children must be inspired by their environment
- Children need adults that are mentors